ss_blog_claim=c2960bd9d6c55c1c3e6e534a73695dd8 ss_blog_claim=c2960bd9d6c55c1c3e6e534a73695dd8

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Shilpa Shetty signs director Manish Jha for first home production


Bollywood beauty Shilpa Shetty, who's also turned producer now, has signed on filmmaker Manish Jha of "Matrubhoomi" fame to direct her first home production that will go on the floor in November.

"The untitled project is in its initial stages. It will have two heroes and two heroines. And I will be one of the heroines. As far as cast and crew go, only Manish and I are finalised ... the rest are yet to be decided," said Shilpa, who achieved international fame after winning the British reality show "Celebrity Big Brother".

The actress, who launched her production house S2 Global Productions last year, says she is making an appearance in the movie at Jha's behest.

"Manish felt the character suits me well and so I'm a part of it," Shilpa told IANS here.

Jha had earlier directed Shilpa's yoga DVD, which was shot near the backwaters of Kerala.

Talking about her future plans, Shilpa said: "I plan to produce a lot of movies that I may not be a part of. I'm also planning to re-launch my sister Shamita.

"Shamita will not be part of the first project, but I am thinking of a film for her too. The second film will be for Shamita."

The actress, who started her stint in Bollywood with "Baazigar" and gave hits like "Main Khiladi Tu Anari" and "Dhadkan", has not been seen on the silver screen for quite some time now.

"Now I am concentrating on quality films and have become choosy about subjects. My last release was 'Life... in a Metro' and 'Apne' and after that now I am doing 'The Man'," she explained.

"The Man" is a romantic thriller in which Shilpa plays an actress. It is Sunny Deol's second directorial venture after "Dillagi" and also stars Udita Goswami. Sunny himself plays the main lead.

Shilpa will also be seen in a special role in Karan Johar's "Dostana".

Besides being busy with films, Shilpa is upbeat about being part of the Bachchans' 'Unforgettable' world tour. She is set to perform at two special shows in London.

"After a long time, I'm a part of such a big tour. This is the second time I will be performing with Amitji. It will be a real pleasure and joy to be part of such a mega tour. It will be a finale with all the actors on the same stage," she said excitedly.

"Besides, I am very happy to perform in London - the place which has given me so much," she added.

The star-studded world tour featuring superstars like Amitabh, Abhishek, Aishwairya, Preity Zinta, Riteish Deshmukh and music directors Vishal-Shekhar will kick off July 18 at Toronto. It will later travel across the US including cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston and New York, and then head to London.

No comments: